Surgical Instrument Technician - Sterile Processing
Posted on: February 12, 2019
We Are Hiring Technician-Surgical Instrument - Sterile Processing 001 - PRN, Day - Kokomo - 1907 W. Sycamore - Kokomo,INFlexible hours available. Some weekend and call hours also available.Why Join Employer? St. Vincent, part of Employer, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.What You Will Do As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to inspect, assemble and evaluate all surgical instruments and instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization, completeness of set, and to determine need for repair/replacement.Responsibilities:
- Performs decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization containers and equipment according to established protocols.
- Inspects instruments, equipment and containers to assure cleanliness and proper functioning.
- Corrects instrument sets according to current standards and established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for case carts.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM). Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree requiredWork Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Employer Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Kokomo , Surgical Instrument Technician - Sterile Processing, Professions , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!