Senior Buyer, Passive Component
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Senior Buyer, Passive Component
Indiana Technical Center with Locations in Noblesville & Kokomo,
Indiana or PTC located in Auburn Hills, MI
BorgWarner is a global product leader in delivering innovative and
sustainable mobility solutions for the vehicle market. We are a
company of innovators and independent thinkers that brings together
talented employees, meaningful work and amazing technology in a
unique environment. At BorgWarner we constantly work towards our
vision of a clean and energy-efficient world.
We believe health and safety of our employees are a top priority,
we care about our local communities and the global environment.
BorgWarner promotes and nurtures a diverse and inclusive
environment, honors integrity, strives for excellence, commits to
responsibility for our communities and the environment, and builds
on the power of collaboration.
We manage talent as seriously as we manage our businesses and
encourage you to learn about our proud history, strong culture,
technologies and future vision. We offer a strong local presence
and interesting global opportunities. Start your future with
- BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for
"dynamic, results driven" individual to join as a SENIOR BUYER,
PASSIVE COMPENET. The SENIOR BUYER, PASSIVE COMPENET manage the
assigned portfolio of standard electronic components like
capacitor, resistor, inductor, choke and X'fmr etc--- in all
aspects of the purchasing function for multiple plants on NA.
- Supplier selection, benchmarking, sourcing and negotiations on
- Creating and maintaining contracts with suppliers from the
- Working on possibilities of supply base optimization,
localization in the country of consumption for various plants on
- Be the subject matter expert and key counterpart for other
functions in the organization (e.g. engineering, quality, ALM,
- Support category strategy development and supplier relationship
management together with the global commodity manager
- 6-12-month key deliverables/outcomes; Meet or exceed annual
price reduction expectations, establish contract for every part,
Provide and support additional saving in the areas of design,
localization, logistics, Integrate with global electrical category
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree or plus from commercial or technical
- Minimum 5-year working experience in a similar position of
buying electronic components; however, preference will be given to
those with 8 years of experience.
- Strong negotiation and excellent communication skills in
- Good knowledge of MS Office (e.g. Excel, Power Point)
- Ability and interest to understand and read product related
requirements and specifications
- Team player, understanding and following the highest ethical
standards and business principles
- Strategic planning and execution
- Mobility and readiness to travel global
- Experience in purchasing in an automotive Tier 1 environment
and/or electronics distributor
- Experience in electronic design (product engineering)
and/manufacturing of standard electronic components
- Experience as Quality Engineer (TS16949, PPAP, VDA 6.1,
- Experience in working in an international, corporate
- SAP knowledge would be an asset
- Responds quickly to opportunities and model's enthusiasm and a
can-do attitude to the organization. Not afraid to take on bold
- Takes well-reasoned risks and delivers on commitments. Raises
any issues early to leadership when there are risks of delivering
results and or witnesses/awareness of actions inconsistent with
- Gets results that have clear, positive and direct impact to the
business. Accountable for performance and pushes forward in
- Anticipates how other countries/cultures will react to
offerings and practices and makes adjustment to work. Ensures
alignment with legal, financial and operational policies in
countries where the organization operates.
- Generates and implements breakthrough ideas and solutions in
work produced. Thinks about capitalizing new practices, process
yielding new opportunities for the customers or stakeholders.
- Sense of urgency on the importance of meeting
customer/stakeholder needs and ensuring flawless launches.
Establish partnerships with stakeholders delivering positive
- Shows consistency between words and actions is truthful and
transparent. Acts in the best interest of others even when it
conflicts self-interest. Models dependability and expects others to
live up their agreement.
- Brings an approach of flexibility in the structure of work and
processes in work.
- Ensures that work, systems and processes produce the talent
needed for the future. Identifies and attracts key talent to the
organization to fill critical skill needs and gaps.
- Invites wide variety of perspectives to the discussion and work
decisions. Supports a climate where people can communicate openly
with candor and respect.
What We Offer
- Medical and prescription drug insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company paid Holidays
- Company Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance
- Onsite Noblesville Wellness Center with Nurse Practitioner
What We Believe
- Inclusion - We value diversity in people, ideas, and
- Integrity - We believe in transparency, authenticity, and
depend on each other to deliver what we promise.
- Excellence - We contribute to our developments by seeking
knowledge and sharing information.
- Responsibility - We care about our local communities and the
- Collaboration - We are one BorgWarner.
Join the company that is creating solutions that support a cleaner,
more energy-efficient world
For more information about BorgWarner, please visit
This position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program,
including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the
BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual. This individual will work in a
manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and
illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the
given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers.
In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries
and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to
their immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Keywords: BorgWarner, Kokomo , Senior Buyer, Passive Component, Professions , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!