Lead Electrical Engineer (Start Center)
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Reliably Delivering What's Needed Today
There are few challenges as important today as creating solutions
that support a cleaner, more energy-efficient world. This requires
a commitment to constantly improve the transportation of people and
things. We, at BorgWarner, made that commitment decades ago and
have since been creating technologies to improve efficiency,
emissions and performance in all types of vehicles.
Constantly Pursuing What's Next
Our proven track record has made us industry leader in clean,
energy-efficient propulsion system solutions for combustion, hybrid
and electric vehicles. We uncover strong trends and use smart
science and technology to address a future based on varying
regulations, consumer demands and automaker requirements.
Product leadership that's changing the world
Our employees have earned trusted partnerships with customers and
suppliers around the world. We leverage these relationships to gain
a deeper understanding of the challenges at hand and then do what
it takes to develop the next solution. Our strong operations and
commercialization expertise result in high volume availability of
competitive, efficient products that truly drive change.
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for "dynamic,
results driven" individual to join as a Lead Electrical Engineer
(Start Center) at our Indiana Technical Center (ITC) with locations
in Kokomo and Noblesville, Indiana.
The Lead Electrical Engineer (Start Center) is responsible for
providing the functional expertise and skills needed to quote
various power electronics products based on customer specific
- Lead quoting activities for specific new business pursuits
- Communicate quote needs to various functional areas within the
- Analyze customer requirements
- Interface with customer technical personnel contacts
- Create product concepts and provide direction to senior
- Create Bill of Materials for various power electronic
- Estimate engineering related project development costs such as
people, capital, and expenses
- Develop the design of Inverters, DCDC Converters, On-board
Chargers to meet customer requirements.
- Develop new or select supporting power electronics circuits,
power supplies, intelligent HSD or LSD driver circuits, I/O signal
conditioning and filtering circuits
- Perform selection of power electronic components
- Perform electrical analysis such as efficiency, power
dissipation, thermal impacts
- Create customer technical review presentations as needed
- Support various leadership communication meetings and
- Think of ways / methods to reduce cost
- Teaches, Trains, Mentors less experienced engineers & new
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, or related
- 8+ years Electrical engineering experience in industry
- Subject Matter Expert working with electrification/electronics
- > 3 years' Experience Working on Power Electronics
- Knowledge of power electronics circuits and operation for
hybrid electric automotive applications
- Knowledge and familiarity with high voltage power semiconductor
device technology such as Silicon IGBT, SiC MOSFETs
- Knowledge of electric and hybrid electric vehicle drive systems
- Experience in power electronics design for hybrid electric
- Experience with circuit schematic & PCB layout CAD tools
- Must have been the Lead Electrical Engineer on at least one
- Must be confident and composed in front of the customer
- Must be capable of at least 25% Domestic and International
- Drive for Results
- Decision Quality
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
This position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program,
including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the
BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual. This individual will work in a
manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and
illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the
given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers.
In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries
and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to
their immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Job Type Regular
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Kokomo , Lead Electrical Engineer (Start Center), Professions , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!