Posted on: February 14, 2021
This engineering firm is a 100-percent employee-owned
engineering, planning and construction firm serving clients
throughout the United States. The multi-disciplined service
offerings allow them to provide exceptional turnkey expertise to
federal, state and local government agencies, as well as
institutional and private-sector clients.This client has recently
built an office out in Kokomo, IN to expand on a project they're
collaborating with a well-known name in the Utilities Industry.
This will be a small team environment starting out, with 4-5 other
members of the team. They want to bring in a new entry-level
graduate member to the team to help build onto this office. This
position is 60% field work, where the candidate will do surveys on
work sites within Kokomo and 40% design work, where the selected
candidate will help in reimagining the infrastructure of the
current power system.Job Responsibilities:
- Apply company/client policies and procedures for the
development of site designs for overhead and underground electrical
distribution facilities including reconductoring, conversions,
cable replacement, customer and reliability jobs.
- Complete site visits inclusive of field notes, visual
inspection, equipment inventory, measurements and field conditions
utilizing electronic tools.
- Prepares site drawings and construction sketches using
MicroStation and GNetviewer for various installations of electrical
facilities in a cost-effective
- manner that maximizes safety and service reliability utilizing
- Prepares project or job packages in Expert Designer and BOUD
- material estimates and material requisitions of the materials
required for the prepared distribution electrical designs.
- Properly apply company/client standards for each project design
ensuring a safe and cost effective design and installation.
- Maintain accurate records and files and update the appropriate
company/client GIS systems.
- Develops relationships with internal and external customers,
builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, and city
officials as needed in the execution of job responsibilities.
- Supports both company and client's business goals and
expectation while representing themselves positively and
- Skills:Must have:
- Engineering or Technology degree (EE, ME, EET, MET)
- Basic understanding of drafting/design software (AutoCAD)
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Desire to work with the utilitiesNice to have:
- Previous utility experience (Internship, co-op)Experience
Level:Entry Level About Aerotek:We know that a company's success
starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's
success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of
Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Kokomo , Design Technologist, Professions , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!