Company: Berry-It, Inc.
Posted on: May 21, 2023
- Operators will be able to operate, maintain, and transport
heavy construction equipment for utility service installation. This
position is production bonus eligible.
- Operates directional drills (Horizontal Directional Drill),
excavators, trenchers, vibratory plows and other similar heavy
- Performs basic maintenance and minor repairs on equipment.
- Maintain all equipment both before and after a job.
- Check and replace all fluids in equipment.
- Able to operate all tools related to the utility industry
including hand and power tools of all types.
- Assure that all tools and equipment are accounted for and
returned to truck at the end of each day.
- Recognize and locate utility underground services before
- Must be able to read and understand construction prints.
- Knows how to properly set up traffic control-set up all road
safety signs, cones and barrels before the job starts and assure
all are accounted for at the end of every day.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible
- Monitors operations to ensure all health and safety standards
- Aligns machines with reference to stakes, markers or guidelines
and/or hand signals of other workers.
- Loads, unloads, and identifies building materials, machinery,
- Shoring braces and other temporary structures.
- Signal other equipment operators to facilitate alignment,
movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and
level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels,
pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Measures, marks, and records openings and distances to lay out
areas where construction work will be performed.
- Always have something to do (i.e., grease equipment, clean
trucks/trailer/tools, etc) when "down time" is necessary.
- Train as needed.
- Assist Foreman in any Daily/Job paperwork as necessary.
- Attend all training sessions required by management.
- Clean up all jobsites at the end of each day to assure that all
trash is removed and the jobsite looks better than before we
started the job.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: At least one year of heavy equipment operating
- Licenses/Certifications: Class A CDL, REQUIRED; OSHA 10
- Must meet all Laborer Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Safe Problem Solving Skills
- Stays On Task
- Able To Read Construction Prints
- Critical thinking
Keywords: Berry-It, Inc., Kokomo , Operator-Kokomo, Other , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...