Systems Test Engineer
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Position: Systems Test Engineer
Indiana Technical Center with Locations in Noblesville & Kokomo,
Indiana. The primary location will be in Kokomo, IN.
BorgWarner is a global product leader in delivering innovative and
sustainable mobility solutions for the vehicle market. We are a
company of innovators and independent thinkers that brings together
talented employees, meaningful work and amazing technology in a
unique environment. At BorgWarner we constantly work towards our
vision of a clean and energy-efficient world.
We believe health and safety of our employees are a top priority,
we care about our local communities and the global environment.
BorgWarner promotes and nurtures a diverse and inclusive
environment, honors integrity, strives for excellence, commits to
responsibility for our communities and the environment, and builds
on the power of collaboration.
We manage talent as seriously as we manage our businesses and
encourage you to learn about our proud history, strong culture,
technologies and future vision. We offer a strong local presence
and interesting global opportunities. Start your future with
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for "dynamic,
results driven" individual to join as a Systems Test Engineer. The
Systems Test Engineer will be responsible to ensure the system
qualification processes and activities are completed for an
electrification project. This person will be responsible for the
qualification of system requirements and will collaborate with the
hardware and software teams throughout product development process,
including setting up, troubleshooting, and testing on
- Responsible for developing system qualification test
- Analyzing system-level requirements and creating mature, robust
- Responsible to perform Systems qualification testing & prepare
- Supporting customer interface for any System qualification
issues along with System Test Lead
- Participate in Peer Reviews of System Integration &
Qualification Strategy and Test Specifications
- Interface and support System Integration Engineers and Test
- Participate in Test Spec Defect Process
- Creating/Maintaining Defect Tracking Process across all the
- Process adherence across all the PDS projects against ASPICE
- Supporting any Audits on the Project for all levels of
- Supporting Bench definition/configuration required for
- Help train new hire engineers to the team.
What we're looking for
- BS in Engineering or related science discipline required.
- 2 years' experience as Systems engineer (Interns can be
included) and/or Systems/Software Test Engineer; however,
preference will be given to 5 or more years. Will consider less
time in industry if candidate has master's in engineering with
concentration in this functional area.
- Ability to routinely work in a hands-on manner required
- Ability to work flexible hours to support multi-shift operation
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Must be highly aware and adhere to high voltage safety
standards and procedures
- Experienced in Writing Test specification on Requirements as
well as Designs.
- Experience of different Type of Test Generation
- Experienced in Executing Tests on different test environments
e.g. Vehicle, Dyne, HV Bench, HIL.
- DSpace/NI/CAN Tool experience (CANstress, CANoe etc.).
- Knowledge of Excel/XML/XLST standards.
- Experience in Defect Tracking Process Tools.
- Understanding of Automotive Spice and all Test Levels.
- Understanding of ALM/PLM requirement management Tools.
What we offer
- Medical and prescription drug insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company paid Holidays
- Company Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance
- Onsite Noblesville Wellness Center with Nurse Practitioner
What we believe
- Inclusion - We value diversity in people, ideas, and
- Integrity - We believe in transparency, authenticity, and
depend on each other to deliver what we promise.
- Excellence - We contribute to our developments by seeking
knowledge and sharing information.
- Responsibility - We care about our local communities and the
- Collaboration - We are one BorgWarner.
This position will adhere to Global Star Safety Program, including
safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner
PTC Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment,
protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This
individual will work in manners that stress the importance of
preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every
precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection
of themselves and coworkers. In addition, he/she is responsible for
reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations,
incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
BorgWarner does provide sponsorship for employment visa status
based on business need. However, for this role, applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time
No Unauthorized Referrals from Recruiters & Vendors
Please note that BorgWarner and any of its affiliated companies
does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers from third
party recruiters or staffing agencies associated with any published
or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited
information sent to BorgWarner will be considered as unencumbered
and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our
Human Resources Team have the authority to engage or authorize
recruiting services, which must be agreed upon before the
unsolicited resume or offer is received.
Join the company that is creating solutions that support a cleaner,
more energy-efficient world.
For more information about BorgWarner, please visit
Internal Use Only: Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Kokomo , Systems Test Engineer, Other , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!