Systems Engineer - Electronic
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Reliably Delivering What's Needed Today
There are few challenges as important today as creating solutions
that support a cleaner, more energy-efficient world. This requires
a commitment to constantly improve the transportation of people and
things. We, at BorgWarner, made that commitment decades ago and
have since been creating technologies to improve efficiency,
emissions and performance in all types of vehicles.
Constantly Pursuing What's Next
Our proven track record has made us industry leader in clean,
energy-efficient propulsion system solutions for combustion, hybrid
and electric vehicles. We uncover strong trends and use smart
science and technology to address a future based on varying
regulations, consumer demands and automaker requirements.
Product leadership that's changing the world
Our employees have earned trusted partnerships with customers and
suppliers around the world. We leverage these relationships to gain
a deeper understanding of the challenges at hand and then do what
it takes to develop the next solution. Our strong operations and
commercialization expertise result in high volume availability of
competitive, efficient products that truly drive change.
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for "dynamic,
results driven" individual to join as an Electronics Hardware
Architect Engineer at our Indiana Technical Center (ITC) in Kokomo
or Noblesville, Indiana.
In this role, and under direct supervision of the Electrical
Hardware Engineering Manager (ECUs), the Electronics Hardware
Architect Engineer will perform the following duties.
- Work with customer to establish and capture requirements in
documents or Simulink Models
- Work with customer on product design for safety by creating
required ISO 26262 supporting documentation and testing
- Work with design team to create Product Definition Documents to
capture and product requirements and implementation
- Work with design team to establish requirement traceability in
Polarion or requirements management tool.
- Work with design team to understand how to implement and test
- Support product development bench equipment
- Work with test groups to create requirement traceability matrix
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software or other
- Will consider engineers with as little as 3 years' experience;
however, ideal candidate will have more than 8 years' experience
and be fully proficient to be the lead Electronics Hardware
Architect Engineer on assigned program
- 3+ years of experience with DOORS, Polarion or other equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with capturing and documenting customer
- Knowledge of Engine Management Systems
- Knowledge of OBDII Diagnostics
- Familiarity with general lab equipment, Scopes, Meters,
- Ability to understand how to debug software and reprogram
products with debuggers
- Ability to understand how to reprogram product memory with
debuggers and serial tools
- Knowledge of Safety analysis for automotive systems, ISO 26262
Functional Safety, DFMEA, FMEA, FMEDA and FTA analysis
- Ability to contribute to the use MEDINI ANALYZE tools for
Functional Safety analysis
- Ability to operate ATI Vision or ETAS INCA Calibration
- Ability to model EMS Control Strategies in Matlab/Simulink
- Ability to run chassis dynamometer systems to check out EMS
- Drive for Results
- Decision Quality
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
This position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program,
including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the
BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual. This individual will work in a
manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and
illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the
given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers.
In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries
and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to
their immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Job Type Regular
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Kokomo , Systems Engineer - Electronic, Other , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!