(LPN) Licensed Practical Nurse *$7,500 Sign On Bonus!*
Company: Aperion Care Kokomo
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)*$7,500
Sign On Bonus!*
SUMMARY: The LPN is responsible for
providing direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise
the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants.
Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state,
and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our
facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing to
ensure that the highest degree of quality care is always
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)*$5,000
Sign On Bonus!*
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants. Meet
with your assigned nursing staff, as well as support personnel, in
planning the shift’s services, programs and activities. Make
written & oral reports/recommendations concerning the activities of
the shift as required. Admit, transfer and discharge residents as
required. Provide leadership to nursing personnel assigned to your
- Complete & file required record-keeping forms/charts upon the
resident’s admission, transfer and/or discharge. Receive &
transcribe telephone orders from physicians & record on the
Physician’s Order Form. Chart nurse’s notes in an informative &
descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident,
as well as the resident’s response to the care. Fill out and
complete accident/incident reports & submit to Director as
required. Perform routine charting duties as required & in
accordance with established charting & documentation policies &
- Prepare & administer medications as ordered by the
- Develop & maintain a good working rapport with
inter-departmental personnel, as well as other departments within
the facility to ensure that nursing services and activities can be
adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents. Create
and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and
positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
unit and shift. Receive/give the nursing report upon reporting in
and ending shift duty hours. Make rounds with physicians as
- Administer professional services such as: catheterization, tube
feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs,
colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and
range of motion exercises, care for the dead/dying, etc., as
- Monitor your assigned personnel to ensure that they are
following established safety regulations in the use of equipment
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information
including protected health information. Report known or suspected
incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information. Ensure
that all nursing care is provided in privacy and that nursing
service personnel knock before entering the resident’s room.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Licensed Practical Nurse with current unencumbered state
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must be able to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such action.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing & medical practices &
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Current CPR Certification is required
- Experience in Long Term Care is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move intermittently through the workday.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or life at minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
Keywords: Aperion Care Kokomo, Kokomo , (LPN) Licensed Practical Nurse *$7,500 Sign On Bonus!*, Other , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!