SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of our Advanced Safety & User Experience
Aptiv is a leading supplier of vision, radar, and radar-vision
fusion systems to the automotive active safety and autonomous
driving market. The systems use radar and vision to detect
vehicles, pedestrians, road markings, traffic signs, and other
features to improve the driver's ability to remain aware of the
driving situation and, when necessary, take active control of the
vehicle to avoid accidents.
This Advanced Active Safety Software Engineer position is part
of our advanced development team which works on projects and
capabilities that are roughly 3-5 years from production.
- Integrate object tracking, sensor fusion algorithms and feature
functions like ACC, FCW/AEB into Microcontrollers
- Optimize object tracking and sensor fusion algorithms for
real-time embedded targets
- Develop software in C/C++
- Test software using debuggers, emulators and simulators;
perform software quality assurance activities; write unit and
integration tests and work collaboratively with other teams within
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code
reviews, providing comments and suggestions.
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective
action for given problems.
- Works in an agile software development environments.
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science,
Electronics, or a similar technical discipline
- 3+ years of hands on experience in embedded software
development in C/C++
- 1+ year experience on device driver development, CAN / CAN FD
communication, SPI, MCAL
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications)
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics,
or a similar technical discipline
- Experience with object tracking, sensor fusion algorithms or
- Experience in the automotive industry (preferably in ADAS)
- Experience with ADAS sensors (cameras, radars, and lidars)
- Experience in AUTOSAR software development or integration
- Knowledge of safety-systems, ISO26262, ASIL A-D
- Independent problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.)
About Advanced Safety and User Experience
Advanced Safety & User Experience encompasses our deep expertise
in centralized computing platforms, advanced safety systems and
automated driving, while acknowledging the growth in areas that
enrich the in-vehicle experience.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer,
greener and more connected solutions enabling the future of
mobility. Headquartered in Dublin, Aptiv has approximately 150,000
employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as
manufacturing sites and customer support centers in 45 countries.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or
any other characteristic protected by law.