Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Control Tec
Posted on: June 6, 2021
SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of our Advanced Safety & User Experience
segment and is located in Kokomo, IN. (Will be moving to Carmel,
IN, June 2021).
Our Lead Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for leading
manufacturing working with the start centers for both radar and
Lidar products focusing on efficiency and accuracy. They will
partner with Core Advanced Development teams to be the
manufacturing representative to ensure manufacturability and
commonality in future radar and Lidar designs. This person will
work with the lead global advanced engineering radar and Lidar
teams to ensure best total enterprise cost solutions.
- Create and maintain global Process Flows by Product Family and
recommended equipment and production line concepts.
- Work closely with manufacturing planning to establish Golden
CCET's for use for product costings by providing estimated
equipment costs and cycle times.
- Actively work with engineering, equipment vendors and the
manufacturing team to ensure new product manufacturability
robustness and future equipment requirements.
- Develop and perform DOE's on new concepts, processes, and
materials to continuously look for ways to provide world class
products, quality and reliability at low total cost.
- Drive DFM and DFA with the ADP design teams.
- Review and document customer requirements during quoting and
transfer knowledge to PML upon business win
- Technical lead on key processes and design issues to help
ensure consistency and Best in Class among regions.
- Help establish and maintain incoming packaging requirements for
Start Center hardware sourcing to be compatible with our automation
- Create A and B sample tooling and equipment plan for new
projects and help facilitate procurement.
- Develop recipes and tooling concepts for global use for new
- Provide technical input on Make vs Buy analysis and work with
Planner to complete.
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- Minimum 5 + years of experience in a manufacturing environment,
preferred in automotive electronics assembly.
- Bachelor's degree within engineering or similar focus.
- 2+ years of automotive electronics assembly experience (smt,
soldering, final assembly).
- Strong problem solving capability.
- Ability to work and live in a global network environment.
- Must be flexible to travel 25% (Mexico primarily, Europe and
Asia a possibility).
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- Background in radar manufacturing.
- Background and knowledge of Lidar.
- Deep skills in lean concepts and flow manufacturing.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and proactive working style.
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.)
About Advanced Safety & User Experience:
Advanced Safety & User Experience encompasses our deep expertise
in centralized computing platforms, advanced safety systems and
automated driving, while acknowledging the growth in areas that
enrich the in-vehicle experience.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Control Tec, Kokomo , Lead Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!