Power Electronics Electrical Engineer
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for electrical hardware design and development of
Inverter, DC/DC Converter & Charger products for automotive
- Support product development, such as documentation of hardware
requirements in order to develop products that meet customer design
- Analyze, simulate, perform verification testing and
documentation on analog and digital circuits to support Power
Electronics circuits, power supplies, intelligent HSD or LSD driver
circuits, I/O signal conditioning and filtering circuits.
- Prepare and/or review technical drawings, specifications of
electrical components, systems.
- Apply computer-assisted engineering design software tools and
equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge of electrical
engineering in laboratory environments to verify, validate and
improve product designs.
- Formulate mathematical models to characterize power
- Support multi-disciplinary design groups related to packaging
and mechanical design of electrical components & products
- Communicate project technical status internally and
- Some travel and a flexible work schedule on occasion
Major Job Qualifications/Specific Skills:
- Desire to be part of deeply-skilled team and to engineer
automotive power electronics for the next generation of electrified
vehicles, while working with some of the world's top
- Knowledge of power electronics circuits and operation for
hybrid electric automotive application
- Knowledge and familiarity with high voltage power semiconductor
device technology such as Silicon IGBT, SiC MOSFETs
- Knowledge of electric and hybrid electric vehicle drive systems
- Experience in power electronics design for hybrid electric
- Experience with circuit schematic & PCB layout CAD tools
- Masters/PhD in Electrical Engineering: specializing in Power
- Excellent oral and written technical communication skills
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
This position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program,
including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the
BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual. This individual will work in a
manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and
illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the
given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers.
In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries
and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to
their immediate supervisor.
Internal Use Only: Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Kokomo , Power Electronics Electrical Engineer, Other , kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!