Senior Software Engineer
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2022
PositionSoftware Engineer, Engineer I - PowerDrive Systems
LocationAuburn Hills, MIAbout usBorgWarner is a global product
leader in delivering innovative and sustainable mobility solutions
for the vehicle market. We are a company of innovators and
independent thinkers that brings together talented employees,
meaningful work and amazing technology in a unique environment. At
BorgWarner we constantly work towards our vision of a clean and
energy-efficient world.Our Culture We believe health and safety of
our employees are a top priority, we care about our local
communities and the global environment. BorgWarner promotes and
nurtures a diverse and inclusive environment, honors integrity,
strives for excellence, commits to responsibility for our
communities and the environment, and builds on the power of
collaboration. Career Opportunities We manage talent as seriously
as we manage our businesses and encourage you to learn about our
proud history, strong culture, technologies and future vision. We
offer a strong local presence and interesting global opportunities.
Start your future with BorgWarner now!Job purposeIn this role, the
Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and deploying
embedded software solutions for BorgWarner Electric Vehicle (xEV)
products. Utilizing their technical expertise, they will ensure
software product deadlines and deliverables are achieved. They will
specify, design, develop, test, release, maintain, and enhance
embedded software components of BorgWarner's products. They will
develop the software products utilizing a combination of Model
based design, auto-code generation, and embedded c programming. The
software development will follow the BorgWarner software
development process which complies to Automotive SPICE. The
successful candidate will join a respectful, collaborative, and
talented team, and will work in a professional high-tech
environment with an opportunity to change and shape the future of
mobility and transportation. They will work along with other
BorgWarner engineers to ensure that program goals are met,
schedules are maintained, and problems encountered during the
development process are satisfactorily resolved.Key
- Analyze and estimate SW Development Activities and Tasks.
- Elicit, Analyze, Decompose, Develop, and Manage Software
- Identify and Define SW components/units, and document SW
- Develop Software according to the Detailed Design, using
various programming languages, methods, and techniques as
appropriate. This includes Model based design, auto-code
generation, and embedded C programming.
- Configure and test AUTOSAR Basic Software stacks and IO
- Plan, Develop, and Execute Unit and Integration tests according
to the project test plan/strategy for the assigned SW Units.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Debug and identify root cause issues in the related area of
- Support, Maintain, and Update planning and tracking activities,
including the assigned work items, change requests, and
- Store and manage all work products according to the
Configuration Management plan
- Establish bi-directional traceability between SW work
- Perform consistency checks, and peer reviews of SW work
- Analyze and enhance the efficiency, stability and scalability
of the software
- Support open communication within the team.
- Adhere to company's processes and procedures to meet SW Quality
Assurance requirements. Look for and propose process
- Work with other BorgWarner engineers and departments to ensure
that program goals are met, schedules are maintained, and problems
encountered during the development process are resolved.
- Document and share best-practices.
- Interface with the customers when needed.What we're looking for
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or
Electrical Engineering is required, Masters is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in AUTOSAR Basic Software development
and configuration is required.
- Automotive Experience strongly preferred, Electric Motor drives
or Powertrain systems is preferred.
- Familiarity with automotive electrical systems (i.e.
brush/brushless DC motors, solenoids, relays, electromagnetic
coils, switches, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with Model-Based Development tools like MATLAB,
Simulink and Stateflow is preferred.
- Experience with C programming language for embedded systems is
- Experience in generating code from Models is required.
TargetLink or Embedded coder is preferred.
- Familiarity with AUTOSAR or equivalent embedded operating
systems is required.
- Experience in AUTOSAR configuration and authoring tools (i.e.
Vector DaVinci Configurator and Developer) is required.
- Experience working on vehicle network protocols (i.e. CAN) and
associated tools is required.
- Experience in reading the ECU schematics and Hardware-Software
Interfaces is required.
- Microcontroller and ECU abstraction experience, including
development of micro and external device low level drivers is
- Experience with emulators, debuggers, logic analyzers,
communication tools (i.e. CANalyzers/ CANoe, CANape and similar
test equipment) is preferred.
- Experience in Model In the Loop and Software In the Loop
testing is required.
- Experience with Software Configuration management and Change
Management is required.
- Experience of working within an ASPICE based process
environment (or similar) is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is must.
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal
skills is required.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively.Equal
Employer Opportunity Statement BorgWarner is an equal employment
opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.SafetyThis position
will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program, including safety
rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner Safety
Policy Manual. This individual will work in a manner that stresses
the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must
take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the
protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is
responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous
situations, incidents, or occurrences to their immediate
supervisor.Join the company that is creating solutions that support
a cleaner, more energy-efficient worldFor more information about
BorgWarner, please visit
www.borgwarner.com#LI-JM1#LI-HybridInternal Use Only: SalaryGlobal
and use this website and apply for a job at BorgWarner are
conditioned on your acceptance and compliance with these
terms.Please access the linked document by clicking here, select
the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Kokomo , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!