Seasonal Sales Teammate
Posted on: September 18, 2022
The Sales Teammate position's primary responsibility is to fulfill
our mission statement: "To create the most enjoyable shopping
experience possible for our Guests." Additionally, Sales Teammates
perform a variety of sales, merchandising and operational tasks
assigned by Store Management (e.g. cashiering, merchandise display
and pulls, register procedures, and routine cleaning of
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This description intends to describe the general nature and level
of work performed by Teammates assigned to this job. It is not
intended to include all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sales Generation and Guest Service
- Greet Guests with a friendly, engaging attitude, and is
consistently prepared to provide legendary service to each
- Answer questions regarding the store and its
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based
on Guest needs and desires.
- Anticipate and fulfill Guest's needs by suggesting additional
items and creating a wardrobing experience.
- Demonstrate product utilizing product knowledge and sales
education, consistently sharing that knowledge and education with
- Maintain and share knowledge of current sales and promotions,
policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security
- Remain consistent on personal sales, as well as looking for
opportunities to impact Teammates' presentations with the Sales
Presentation Guide (SPG) .
- Achieve personal sales-per-hour, average sales and total net
sales goals set by Store Management.
- Provide legendary service throughout the store in these top
four areas: Front 5, sales floor, fitting rooms, and the register
- Help Guests try on or fit merchandise.
- Check out and bag purchases.
- Prepare merchandise for alterations.
- Knowledgeable of all exchange and return procedures for Guests
and exhibit the ability to turn into a showmanship
- Fill out and effectively use the Sales Presentation Guide (SPG)
daily to accomplish goals.
- Meets or above performance standards in all Buckle business
builders and guest loyalty including fit appointments, Buckle
credit card and guest connect.
- Place Special Orders or call other stores to find desired
- Maintain and build good Guest relationships to develop a client
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Buckle's customer service
expectations in order to meet the needs of every Guest.
- Consistently perform leadership actions and maintain high
standards, whether or not the Manager is present.
Teammate Recruiting, Training and Development
- Consistently recognize recruiting opportunities by utilizing
Jobs & Careers cards, email referrals and Teammate
- Create relationships through Guest Loyalty and Guest
- Maintain a professional and respectful attitude at all times
creating a positive floor culture.
Visual Merchandise Management
- Present merchandise in a manner that will maximize sales and
achieve optimum merchandise turn.
- Stay current on product range.
- Work with other Teammates and Guests to identify product
improvements, new product ideas and new product feedback.
- Ensure sales floor is consistently sized and new freight is
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include
mornings, evenings, and weekends, and the day of/day after
Thanksgiving and Christmas, based upon store and business
- Open and close cash registers, use magnetic card readers,
perform tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips,
coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how
to prevent or handle these situations.
- Follow all Loss Prevention guidelines, including daily bag and
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Point of Sale ("POS")
- Understand and execute all policies regarding payments,
exchanges and Loss Prevention practices.
- Perform merchandising tasks, such as handling freight,
re-merchandising, preparing displays, completing price markdowns,
- Consistently maintain a clean, organized and shoppable store to
fulfill Buckle's mission statement.
- Provide feedback to Store Manager and Leadership Team regarding
merchandise handling concerns.
- Communicate any policy violations and Teammate or Guest
concerns to Store Manager, District Manager, and/or Human Resources
in a timely, confidential manner.
- Understand and apply the Buckle's Code of Ethics and all
Buckle's policies, procedures, and handbooks.
- Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high
level of customer service while contributing to a positive team
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
No prior experience or training required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a Teammate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this Job, the Teammate is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and jump; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The Teammate is occasionally
required to sit. Physical ability to lift and maneuver 30lbs
throughout the store and backroom. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
While performing the duties of this job, the Teammate regularly
works in a retail store. The noise level in the work environment is
Equal Employment Opportunity
Buckle is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified
Teammates from the available workforce in the communities we
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a
fundamental principle at Buckle, where employment is based upon
personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination and
retaliation because of veteran status, uniformed service member
status, race, color, national origin or ancestry, creed, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical
conditions), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental
disability, genetic information (including characteristics and
testing), or any other protected characteristic as established by
applicable local, state, or federal law. For state specific
information, refer to the State Law Supplements found on the
Teammate Center, under Human Resources.
Keywords: Buckle, Kokomo , Seasonal Sales Teammate, Hospitality & Tourism , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!