Grill Cook - Restaurant Team Member
Company: Bob Evans
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Bob Evans... Where Good Grows!
- Do you like recognition for a job well done? Do you want to be
given that chance for a promotion?
- Are you looking for your first job, second job, or just looking
to make some extra cash? Maybe you're looking to work after school
and on the weekends?
- How does working in an environment where strangers are treated
like friends and friends are treated like family?
- If any of these questions resonate with you, then we encourage
you to apply. At Bob Evans, you are in the driver's seat of your
career. As Bob Evans himself liked to say, "You can't look at your
future in your rearview mirror." Put that turn signal on, change
directions, and head straight to Bob Evans, where good grows. Not
sure yet? Then please take a few minutes to check out some of our
employee stories at careers.bobevans.com.Full-Time and Part-Time
positions may be availableWe continue to update our safety and
sanitation procedures to follow the current CDC, local, and state
guidelines. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for both our
employees and guests.Bob Evans Restaurants, LLC is EEO compliant
and participates in E Verify.Statement of Purpose:Responsible for
the preparing each order by following standardized recipes. Ensure
that proper food handling and sanitation procedures are being
followed. Prepares visually appealing and great tasting home-style
dishes and ensures that all items are completed in a timely manner
and delivered hot and fresh to the servers.Accountabilities:
- Follows recipe and storyboards to prepare and cook meats, fish,
poultry, vegetables, and other foods according to proper
preparation methods per the current Bob Evans recipe book. This
involves cutting, broil, saut, and frying.
- Responsible for practicing and upholding health and sanitation
- Maintains high standards of personal grooming. Washes hands
frequently. Wears gloves to prevent bare hand contact. Promptly
changes apron if it becomes dirty.
- Must maintain high standards of quality and appearance for all
food prepared and served.
- Prioritizes food preparation so that all items for check are
finished at the same time.
- Properly maintain and operate equipment effectively. Complete
working knowledge of the safe and efficient use of all kitchen
- All other duties as assigned.Knowledge:
- Has strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and
procedures in a restaurant
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Must maintain a high degree of pace and intensity for an
extended period of time, have strong menu knowledge, and have
ability to accurately read, organize, and coordinate tickets
- 0-2 years related experience
- At least 16 years of age QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS:The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not
designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the
employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to
this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job the employee will
regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time
without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 50 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read.
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including
selling floor(s), stock area, and register area.
Keywords: Bob Evans, Kokomo , Grill Cook - Restaurant Team Member, Hospitality & Tourism , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!