Culinary Aide PT Cook
Company: Kokomo Healthcare Center
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Job duties & responsibilitiesPERFORM BASIC CULINARY CARE
PROCEDURES FOR RESIDENTS AS REQUIRED.
- Serve food from tray line or steam table according to diet and
- Set up tray or plate for food service.
- Ensure menu accuracy for each resident's meal.
- Ensure meal is complete and presentable.
- Transport the carts to the nursing stations in a timely
- Collect and return dishes when meal is completed.
- Monitor for resident's personal affects, and give to supervisor
so that items may be returned.
- Ensure sanitization of plateware, silverware, glassware and all
cooking utensils according to procedure.
- Complete any and all assigned cleaning tasks.
- Clean pots, pans, and utensils.
- Remove trash, sweep, and mop floors.
- Breakdown and clean steam-tables after tray line service or set
up steam-tables prior to tray line service.
- Assist in salad, dessert, snack, and nourishment preparation
- Clean resident dining areas.
- Deliver late meals or resident menu alterations to nursing
- Assist nursing staff in meal delivery.
- Assist cooks and preparatory cooks in other areas as
needed.CREATE A CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT, AND
ENSURE THAT THE HIGHEST QUALITY OF CULINARY CARE IS DELIVERED.
- Follow facility procedures and regulatory standards for safety
and sanitation.ENSURE THAT RESIDENT'S FOOD SERVICE NEEDS ARE MET IN
A TIMELY, ACCURATE, AND COMPASSIONATE MANNER.
- Ensure that meals are served on time and in accordance with
- Ensure that all menu requirements are met for each resident's
MAINTAIN AND WORK WITHIN ESTABLISHED DEPARTMENTAL, CENTER, AND
CORPORATE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES, OBJECTIVES, QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
PROGRAM, AND SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL AND INFECTION CONTROL STANDARDS.
- Promptly reports any suspected resident abuse, neglect or
misappropriation to the DON.
ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE IN SCHEDULED TRAINING, EDUCATIONAL CLASSES,
AND ORIENTATION PROGRAMS TO MAINTAIN AND ENHANCE QUALITY OF CARE.
- Attend all required in-service and training programs required
within your department.
- Attend any mandatory meeting as required by your center.PERFORM
OTHER RELATED ACTIVITIES AS ASSIGNED OR REQUESTED.
Qualifications & Experience requirements
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent
- Prior work experience, preferably in a healthcare
- Prior work/life experiences involving independent decision
- Prior experience in a healthcare environment is desirable
- Prior work/life experiences, preferably in healthcare or a
- Compassionate and enthusiastic
Understanding of resident care procedures and standards, within the
scope of culinary care.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such action.
- Ability to deal tactfully with staff, residents, family
members, visitors, government agencies, and the general
- Ability and willingness to work harmoniously with all
- Must have patience, tact, and enthusiasm, as well as the
willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible in new methods and
principles, as well as willingness to incorporate them into
existing culinary care practices.
- May work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays,
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Field based work required. Occasional overnight travel will be
required as times with field based assignments.Physical
effort/demands (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Ability to move (sit, stand, bend, lift) intermittently
throughout the workday.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 50
pounds.Mental effort/demands (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical
- Ability to function independently and have flexibility,
personal integrity, and ability to work effectively with staff and
- In good health and demonstrating emotional stability.
- Ability to cope with the mental and emotional stresses of the
position.Communication (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.Sensory requirements (With or Without the
Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Ability to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable
these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
Keywords: Kokomo Healthcare Center, Kokomo , Culinary Aide PT Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!