Posted on: April 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Mammographer Technologist- Mammography 001 - PRN,Day
- Kokomo-1907 W. Sycamore - Kokomo, INM-F DaysWhy Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health
system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate,
personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St.
Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries
serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our
134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services
including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health,
neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care,
emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute
care. What You Will Do As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN,
you will have the opportunity to provide mammography imaging
- Operates equipment and performs various mammography related
procedures. Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic
and technical parameters accurately.
- Explains procedures and educates patients about the role of
regular mammography in preventive breast health.
- Develops and evaluates the film for technical quality such as
density contrast, definition, and distortion.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of
hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the Indiana Medical
Radiology Services Program obtained prior to hire date or job
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date. Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required. Work
Experience:Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA
Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more
information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that
Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who
have applied for a position using our official application. Be on
alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will
not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify
Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates
in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the
E-Verify link below for more information. E-Verify (link to
Keywords: Ascension, Kokomo , Mammographer Technologist, Healthcare , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!