Clinic Specialty Pharmacist
Posted on: March 9, 2019
We Are Hiring Pharmacist-Clin Specialty - Pharmacy Services General 001 - Full-Time, Day - Kokomo - 1907 W. Sycamore - Kokomo,IN Why Join Ascension? St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. What You Will Do As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders in specialized areas, such as nuclear medicine, oncology, cardiology. Serves as a subject matter expert in pharmacy discipline and provides guidance across pharmacies and to clinical leadership.Responsibilities:
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems.
- Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for accurate delivery to patients. Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Oversees technical personnel who assist in the preparation, maintenance, and dispensing of medications and supplies.
- Assists with academic functions such as serving as a preceptor for pharmacy students. May float to provide coverage of pharmacy needs. Provides patient counseling when required.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Pharmacist credentialed from the Indiana Board Of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Board certificationEducation:
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred Work Experience:
- Residency training with a minimum of 3-5 years of hospital experience working in a clinical, decentralized roleEqual Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Kokomo , Clinic Specialty Pharmacist, Healthcare , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!