Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Job ID: 267639
Additional Job Information Title:--Paramedic
City, State:-- Kokomo,IN
Location:-- Kokomo-1907 W. Sycamore
Additional Job Details:----PRN,Rotating,Weekly
12 hour shifts on the ambulance
About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
Job Description Job Summary:
Provides basic and advanced life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during air transport.
- Identifies, intervenes, and stabilizes the ill or injured patient during interfacility and intrafacility transport under the direction and in collaboration with the transport physician and/or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Initiates and implements interventions based on transport team protocols. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition and treatment, as appropriate.
- Provides population specific education to the patient and family about the patient's illness and therapeutic interventions.
- Inspects, maintains and cares for equipment to ensure safety of the transport team, patients and public.
- Paramedic--credentialed from the--Indiana Department of Homeland Security--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Advanced Life Support.--
- BLS Provider.--
- Certification--specializing in--Pediatric Adv Life Support.--
- Drivers License--credentialed from the--Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.--
- Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience required
- Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or specific certification related to position preferred
- 2 Years Preferred Technical Experience.
How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent.
If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries.
To view our job openings, visit
To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button.
Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities.
The Spirit of Caring
Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Kokomo , Paramedic, Healthcare , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!