Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: October 27, 2018
Job ID: 273827 Radiology Technologist Kokomo, Indiana Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title:--Technologist-Radiology City, State:-- Kokomo,IN Location:-- Kokomo-1907 W. Sycamore Department:---- General Radiology 001 Additional Job Details:----PRN,Rotating,Weekly Rotating shifts on an "as needed" basis About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana---s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women---s and children---s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. Job Description Job Summary: Takes radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems. -- Responsibilities:
- Prepares and positions patients for imaging and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified--BLS Provider--obtained within--6 Months (180 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech--credentialed from the--Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Radiologic Technologist--credentialed from the--Indiana Medical Radiology Services Program--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Medical Sonographer--credentialed from the--American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.-- Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent required
- Master's degree in a related field, or combination of Bachelor's degree and related experience preferred Work Experience:
- 3 Years Preferred Technical Experience.-- CT training and ER experience preferred. How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent. If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries. To view our job openings, visit www.stvincent.org/jobs To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button. Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. -- The Spirit of Caring -- Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Kokomo , Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!