Surgical Services Lead
Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: September 7, 2018
Job ID: 268820 Surgical Services Lead Kokomo, Indiana Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Lead-Surgical Svcs City, State:-- Kokomo,IN Location:-- Kokomo-1907 W. Sycamore Department:---- Sterile Processing 001 Additional Job Details:----Full-Time,Day,--40 hours,Weekly Variable About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana---s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women---s and children---s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. Job Description Job Summary: Leads daily operations of surgical suites in support of surgical procedures. -- Responsibilities:
- Leads and coordinates shift operations including schedules and resources.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Assists surgeons during surgery, providing required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon and assisting with hemostasis.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors and tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Performs staff orientation, training, and coaching. Provides input to staff performance evaluations.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider.--
- Central Service Tech--credentialed from the--International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM).--
- Registered Nurse--credentialed from the--Indiana Board of Nursing.--
- Surgical Tech.-- Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent required
- Master's degree in a related field, or combination of Bachelor's degree and related experience preferred Work Experience:
- 1 Year Required Technical Experience.
- 4 Years Preferred Technical Experience.
- 2 Years Preferred Leadership/Mgmt Experience. How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent. If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries. To view our job openings, visit www.stvincent.org/jobs To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button. Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. -- The Spirit of Caring -- Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Kokomo , Surgical Services Lead, Healthcare , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!