Registered Respiratory Therapist
Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Job ID: 267343 Registered Respiratory Therapist Kokomo, Indiana Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title: Registered Respiratory Therapist City, State: Kokomo,IN Location: Kokomo-1907 W. Sycamore Department: Respiratory Care 001 Additional Job Details: PRN,Rotating, 0 hours,Weekly About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. Job Description Job Summary: The Registered Respiratory Therapist provides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Responds to emergency resuscitation team code.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Indiana Respiratory Care Committee obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support. Education:
- Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy program by hire date to position required.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy (RT) by hire date to position preferred. Work Experience:
- 3 Years Preferred Technical Experience. How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent. If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries. To view our job openings, visit To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button. Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. The Spirit of Caring Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Kokomo , Registered Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!