Health Facility Administrator (HFA) *$10,000 Sign On Bonus*
Company: Aperion Care Kokomo
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Aperion Care Kokomo - SUMMARY: The Administrator directs the day
to day functions of the facility in accordance with current federal
and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern
nursing facilities to assure that the highest degree of quality
care can be provided to our residents at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the
facility's programs and activities in accordance with guidelines
issued by the governing board.
- Assist department directors in the development, use, and
implementation of departmental policies and procedures and
professional standards of practice.
- Ensure that all employees, residents, visitors, and the general
public follow the facility's established policies and
- Conduct daily meetings with appropriate staff during facility
inspections to discuss survey findings and formulation of plans of
- Assist in developing plans of correction for cited
deficiencies. Ensure such plans incorporate timetables and methods
of monitoring to ensure that such deficiencies do no
- Review and check competence of workforce and make necessary
adjustments/corrections as required or that may become
- Assist in recruitment and selection of competent department
directors, supervisors, facility non-licensed staff, consultants,
- Counsel/discipline personnel as requested or as may become
- Consult with department directors concerning the operation of
their departments to assist in eliminating/correcting problem
areas, and/or improvement of services.
- Assist department directors in the topic selection, planning,
conducting, and scheduling of in-service training classes and
on-the-job training and orientation programs to assure that current
material and programs are continuously provided.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest,
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
- Ensure that physicians are in compliance with facility policies
governing the admission, medical treatment, visit requirements,
plan of care, orders, etc. Report problem areas to the Medical
- Ensure that all facility personnel, residents, and visitors
follow established safety regulations to include fire
protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control
- Review accident/incident reports (e.g., falls, injuries, or an
unknown source, abuse, etc.). Monitor to determine the
effectiveness of the facility's risk management program.
- Ensure that the facility is maintained in a clean and safe
manner for resident comfort and convenience by assuring that
necessary equipment and supplies are maintained to perform such
- Review and interpret monthly financial statements and provide
such information to the governing board.
- Report suspected or known incidents of fraud relative to false
billings, filing of false cost reports, receipt/payment of
kickbacks etc., to appropriate agencies.
- Ensure that the resident's rights to fair and equitable
treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and
civil rights, including the right to wage complaints, are well
established and maintained at all times.
- Review resident complaints and grievances and make written
reports of action taken. Discuss such actions with resident and
family as appropriate.
- Ensure that resident funds maintained by the facility are
managed in accordance with current federal and state regulations
and that appropriate accounting records are maintained
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Public Health Administration or Business
Administration or health related degree is preferred.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to
practice as a Nursing Home Administrator
- 2 years experience in a Supervisor role, healthcare experience
- Must be knowledgeable of reimbursement regulations and nursing
practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and
guidelines pertaining to nursing facility administration.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decision when
circumstances warrant such action
- Must be able to read and interpret financial records, reports
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations,
reports etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors,
and government agencies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to move intermittently through the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or life at minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
Keywords: Aperion Care Kokomo, Kokomo , Health Facility Administrator (HFA) *$10,000 Sign On Bonus*, Healthcare , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!