Paramedic- PRN, rotating
Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: June 16, 2022
We Are Hiring: As a community, we welcome all faiths, and are
inspired by the mission and values of Ascension, to provide
high-quality, compassionate, personalized care with dignity,
especially to those in our communities who are most in need. This
guiding vision is the cornerstone of who we are as a company:
national, nonprofit and patient-focused. What You Will Do: Provide
advanced life support for critically ill/injured patients at the
scene and during transport as part of the transport team.
- Identify, intervene, and stabilize the ill or injured patient
during interfacility and intrafacility as part of the transport
team in collaboration with the transport physician and/or
- Initiate and implement interventions based on transport team
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition and
treatment, as appropriate.
- Contact receiving medical personnel, report observations and
- Inspect, maintain and care for equipment to ensure safety of
the transport team, patients and public.
- May be required to drive an ambulance to transport patients
and/or supplies. What You Will Need: Licensure / Certification /
- Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date required.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry
of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) obtained prior to hire
date or job transfer date.
- Paramedic credentialed from the Indiana Department of Homeland
Security obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation
- Certification specializing in ER Vehicle Operation
- Instructor specializing in Pediatric Adv Life Support
- Certified Prehospital Trauma Life Spprt preferred.Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.Work Experience:
- 3 years of experience in Emergency Medical Services
- 5 years of experience in Emergency Medical Services preferred.
Additional Preferences: No additional preferences. Why Join Our
Team: Serving the greater Indianapolis area and Evansville,
Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent has been providing rewarding careers
in healthcare for over 148 years. We operate 24 hospitals - in
addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices,
rehabilitation centers and more - and offer careers in a wide range
of services. We provide generous paid time off for work-life
balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. When you join Ascension St. Vincent, you join a
diverse team of more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers who
are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all
- especially to those most in need. If you are looking to make an
immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension St. Vincent is an Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer.
Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally
protected status.Pay Non-Discrimination Notice: fFor further
information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link
to the "EEO is the Law" poster:fPlease note that Ascension will
make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied
for a position using our official application. Be on alert for
possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not
solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify
Statement: This employer participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension Health, Kokomo , Paramedic- PRN, rotating, Healthcare , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!