Paramedic- Emergency Svs. - St.Vincent Kokomo, PRN
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We Are Hiring
- Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career
where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can
make a difference for patients, team members, and the
- This is a PRN position that will work as needed to fill open
shifts - Days, eve. or nights. Shifts will be 12 hours and you may
be put in to the weekend and holiday rotation.
What You Will Do
Provide advanced life support for critically ill/injured patients
at the scene and during transport as part of the transport team.
- Identify, intervene, and stabilize the ill or injured patient
during interfacility and intrafacility as part of the transport
team in collaboration with the transport physician and/or
- Initiate and implement interventions based on transport team
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition and
treatment, as appropriate.
- Contact receiving medical personnel, report observations and
- Inspect, maintain and care for equipment to ensure safety of
the transport team, patients and public.
- May be required to drive an ambulance to transport patients
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date required.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry
of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) obtained prior to hire
date or job transfer date.
- Paramedic credentialed from the Indiana Department of Homeland
Security obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation
- Certification specializing in ER Vehicle Operation
- Instructor specializing in Pediatric Adv Life Support
- Certified Prehospital Trauma Life Spprt preferred.Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.Work Experience:
- 3 years of experience in Emergency Medical Services
- 5 years of experience in Emergency Medical Services
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Serving the greater Indianapolis area and Evansville, Indiana,
Ascension St. Vincent has been providing rewarding careers in
healthcare for over 148 years. We operate 24 hospitals - in
addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices,
rehabilitation centers and more - and offer careers in a wide range
of services. We provide generous paid time off for work-life
balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. When you join Ascension St. Vincent, you join a
diverse team of more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers who
are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all
- especially to those most in need. If you are looking to make an
immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension St. Vincent is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and
Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair
and impartial consideration without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
from applicants.This employer participates in the Electronic
Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link
below for more information.
Keywords: Ascension, Kokomo , Paramedic- Emergency Svs. - St.Vincent Kokomo, PRN, Healthcare , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!