Occupational Therapist Part Time
Company: Vertis Therapy
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Description:Vertis Therapy has a great opportunity for a Part
Time position with flexible scheduling for an Occupational
Therapist at our beautiful Assisted Living with Memory Care in
Kokomo, IN. Vertis Therapy is a therapist owned company that
provides ongoing training and support to our staff while focusing
on patient centered care.The Occupational Therapist evaluates and
treats patients in accordance with orders from a physician through
use of therapeutic procedures designed to address deficits in
self-care skills and abilities to perform tasks in daily living and
work environments and to improve independence, safety, and quality
of life. The Occupational Therapists ensures quality, efficient
occupational therapy is provided to patients by managing the
delivery of care throughout the course of treatment and delegating
appropriate components of care to the Certified Occupational
Therapy Assistant under his/her supervision. The Occupational
Therapist participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team
providing support and information within the area of occupational
therapy. Primary Responsibilities
- Review available patient information and evaluate the impact of
this information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conducts and documents a thorough functional assessment of the
patient utilizing standardized procedures. Includes home/vocational
and equipment needs.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on
patient needs and containing achievable functional goals.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation
- Record patient progress in the patient record a minimum of
every seven (7) days.
- Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment
- Documents the course of treatment in a clear, concise manner,
including a discharge summary utilizing the prescribed format.
- Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and
provide close supervision while such staff are working with
- Orient patients to program services and treatment procedures
appropriate to their needs. Inform patients of any potential risk
during any procedure.
- Work with nursing staff, patient and families to maximize
patient's use of functional abilities.
- Establish and instruct patient and family/other caregiver in
exercises and therapeutic procedures to be continued following
- Assist in the referral process when a patient requires
additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge
of community resources.
- Attend and participate in rehabilitation team conferences
regarding patient progress, problem or needs.
- Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings,
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical
- Participate in the quality improvement process by responding
appropriately to results of medical record audits, patient/referral
source satisfaction surveys safety activities and regulatory
- Act in compliance with Vertis Therapy Management policies and
procedures, State, Federal and Professional Organization regulatory
and professional standards and guidelines.
- Provide input to the Rehab Director on clinical performance of
assistants as requested and appropriateInd123. Requirements:
- Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy or Bachelor of
Science degree in Occupational Therapy and five years of direct
- Current license/certification in the state of practice.
- Prefer current registration with the American Occupational
Therapy Certification Board.
- Demonstrated competency in applying the principles, methods,
materials and equipment used in Occupational Therapy to the patient
population served by this facility.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Adequate computer skills in order to complete required job
duties and computerized documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient needs and develop and
implement a comprehensive plan of care.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance
- Promote the programs and services of Vertis Therapy through
formal and informal interactions with the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Vertis Therapy, Kokomo , Occupational Therapist Part Time, Healthcare , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!