Speech Language Pathologist Clinical Fellow - Kokomo
Company: Hopebridge, LLC
Posted on: February 7, 2020
- Perform speech and language evaluations
- Provide direct therapy
- Supervise Speech Language Pathologist Assistants
- Prepare required reports
- Write discharge summaries upon request
- Assesses students' communication skills (e.g. articulation,
fluency, voice, expressive and receptive language, etc.) for the
purpose identifying communication disorders, determining program
eligibility and developing recommendations for treatment.
- Collaborates with a variety of groups and/or individuals (e.g.
parents, teachers, physicians, administration, maintenance
personnel, team members, other professionals, etc.) for the purpose
of communicating information, resolving issues and providing
services in compliance with established guidelines.
- Coordinates meetings and processes for eligible students (e.g.
testing/screening, parent conferences, pre-referral staffing, etc.)
for the purpose of presenting evaluation results, developing
treatment plans, and/or providing training to
- Develops treatment plans, interventions and/or educational
materials for the purpose of minimizing the adverse impact of
communication disorders in compliance with regulatory
- Instructs assigned support staff for the purpose of providing
information on communicative disorders, use of assistive devices
and feeding techniques and/or implementing prescribed treatment
- Instructs eligible students in the use of appropriate
communication technologies (e.g. hearing aids, FM systems,
augmentative communication devices, etc.) for the purpose of
minimizing the adverse educational impact of communication
disorders in accordance with established guidelines and legal
requirements.Interprets medical reports within the scope of
Speech/Language Pathologists experience and goals for the purpose
of providing information and/or ensuring that
treatment/intervention plans are appropriate.
- Maintains files and/or records (e.g. progress reports, activity
logs, billing information, treatment plans, required documentation,
quarterly reports, screening results, etc.) for the purpose of
ensuring the availability of information as required for reference
- Participates in meetings, workshops, and seminars (e.g.
training, IEPs, team meetings, etc.) for the purpose of conveying
and/or gathering information.Performs other related duties as
assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective
functioning of the work unit.
- Performs site visits at multiple work sites including home
visits for the purpose of providing therapy and assistance as
- Prepares a wide variety of written materials (e.g. activity
logs, correspondence, memos, treatment plans, Medicaid billings,
reports, required documentation, etc.) for the purpose of
documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or
- Provides speech and language therapy to students for the
purpose of minimizing the adverse impact of speech and language
disorders on student success.Competencies:
- Adapting to Changing Work Priorities
- Time Management
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Utilizing Specialized Equipment in Communication Disorders
- Working with a Team
- Attention to Detail
- 36 weeks of full-time (35 hours per week) experience (or the
equivalent part-time experience), totaling a minimum of 1260 hours.
Part-time work can be completed, as long as the clinical fellow
works more than 5 hours per week. Working more than 35 hours per
week will not shorten the minimum requirement of 36 weeks.
- Mentoring by an individual holding ASHA certification in
- A score of "3" or better on the core skills in the final
segment of the experience, as rated by the Speech-Language
Pathology Clinical Fellowship (SLPCF) mentor using the SLP Clinical
Fellowship Skills Inventory (CFSI) form.
- 80% of time must be spent in direct clinical contact
(assessment/diagnosis/evaluation, screening, treatment, report
writing, family/client consultation, and/or counseling) related to
the management of disordered that fit within the ASHA Speech and
Language Pathology Scope of Practice.
- Submission of an approvable CF Report and Rating Form.Required
Education and Experience:
- Job related experience within Speech.
- Masters degree in Speech.
- Obtain and maintain Safety Care Training Certification
- 1-2 years of experience working with pediatric
population.Physical Demands:This is a stationary position that
requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions,
grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the
ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting,
carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting,
pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the
shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to
efficiently perform the essential functions of the position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the position, upon request.Work Environment:Work is
performed in an office and clinical environment. Work may be
stressful at times due to a busy office or clinic environment with
patients. Interaction with others is constant and
interruptive.DisclaimerThe above statements reflect general
functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed
description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The
immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add to the above list if
the duties come within the employees realm of responsibility.
Hopebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not
discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed,
color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship
status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran
status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
Keywords: Hopebridge, LLC, Kokomo , Speech Language Pathologist Clinical Fellow - Kokomo, Healthcare , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!