Clinical Manager (Outpatient Dialysis - RN)
Posted on: May 28, 2023
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service
philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including
following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. Ensure
provision of quality patient care while maintaining cost-effective
clinical operations in accordance with all legal, compliance, and
regulatory requirements and programs. Adheres to all requirements
of the FMCNA Compliance Program, and FMS patient care and
administrative policies as the clinical leader, has the authority
to make daily decisions to ensure continuity of care and patient
and staff safety
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the tactical execution of short- and long-term
objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct
responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and
- Provides leadership, coaching and development plans for all
direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce;
partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Technically proficient in the specific department and knowledge
of industry practice and business principles. Works on issues of
diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires
evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of
current business trends. Has a larger range within the
- Responsible for supporting and driving FMS quality standards
through meeting all ESRD regulatory requirements and the practice
of Quality Assessment and Improvement (QAI), including use of FMS
- Responsible for addressing and acting on adverse events and
- Oversees facility's Home Therapies Program if applicable.
- Accountable for compliance with all applicable federal, state
and local laws and regulations.
- Ensures all FMS Clinical Quality policies and procedures are
communicated to and implemented by the facility staff.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other FMS
administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collections and auditing
- Maintains facility environmental integrity, including
- Experienced leadership required for multi-faceted environment;
role primarily focuses on tactical execution. Receives assignments
in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to
meet schedules and goals.
- An individual contributor will have significant project/process
responsibilities. Program or project responsibility generally
within the function.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods
and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interprets and recommends
change to policies and establishes procedures that effect immediate
- Decisions have an impact on work processes and outcomes.
Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add costs
and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers,
and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters
between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or
- Participates and presents at meetings with internal and
external representatives. Often leading a cooperative effort among
members of a project team.
- Interacts with internal departments and external customers;
particularly in problem resolution. Acts as an advisor to
subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical
- Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees,
including performance reviews, disciplinary action and
- Provides technical guidance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate
staff members, from admission through discharge of the
- Ensure education of the patient regarding quality measures,
transplant options, modality awareness, and access care, including
catheter reduction and adherence to treatment regime.
- Acts as a resource for the patient to address patient concerns
- Accountable for timely completion of patient care assessments
and care plans by organizing meetings of the facility's
Interdisciplinary Team to discuss patient care plans and to resolve
- Directs initiation, maintenance and communication of efficient
and timely patient schedules to ensure maximization of the facility
- Is aware of and develops a mechanism or process for knowing the
specific situation of each patient, including hospitalizations, no-
shows, catheter use, and any significant change in patient care
- Develops action plans for unexcused and missed treatments in
collaboration with the Director.
- Plans, coordinates and acts as the liaison for patient care as
per the disease management agreement, including initial and ongoing
validation of member eligibility. Facilitate timely workup of
patients for access management, dialysis services, patient
education, hospitalizations, and kidney transplantation as
appropriate, and ensures coordination of care with the
multidisciplinary renal team. Communicates changes in patient
status regarding clinical, insurance, travel and transportation
issues to the disease management company. Maintains current
knowledge of disease management software and systems as
- Responsible for implementation of FMS staffing, and medical
supply models, to provide quality patient care, and makes
- Participates in the recruitment and interview process, and
decision to hire new personnel.
- Ensures completion of new hiring orientation and training
including mandatory in-services and ICD code training when
applicable. Ensures documentation completed for annual in service
training, and policy and procedure in service updates.
- Responsible for all patient care employees receiving
appropriate training according to FMS policy, including training to
ensure ongoing compliance with all FMS risk management
- Provides opportunities for professional growth, and training to
ensure clinical competence and the ability for licensed staff to
assume Team Leader responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing performance of all licensed
personnel, direct patient care staff, reporting indirect patient
care personnel as assigned, and when necessary, technical staff.
Provides employee education and guidance, and feedback related to
- Maintains current knowledge regarding FMCNA benefits, Human
Resources policies, procedures, and processes, and acts as a
resource to facility staff.
- Provides counseling for all clinical staff members at regular
intervals offering support and encouraging professional
- Completes timely employee evaluations and establishes annual
goals for staff.
- Provides written documentation of all disciplinary conferences
in accordance with the established personnel policies, and confers
with the Director and Human Resources regarding the nature of the
- Participates in Corporate and Business Unit specific employee
recognition and satisfaction programs.
- Creates, maintains, and communicates efficient and timely
employee schedules according to the needs of the facility.
- Creates and implements a Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
Process Improvement Team that involves staff in problem
- Facilitates the application process for physician privileges
and compliance with FMS Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Responsible for strong Director and physician relationships and
facilitating staff relationships with physicians.
- Ensures regular and effective communication with all
physicians, through regular meetings with Directors.
- Participates in Governing Body.
- Schedules and coordinates CQI meetings with physicians.
- Responsible for the integrity and safety of the facility water
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of all facility
equipment and technology.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all FMS manuals.
- Accountable for completion of the Annual Standing Order Review
and ICD coding.
- Checks correspondence whether electronic, paper or voice mail,
and responds as appropriate.
- Directs information gathering as required supporting billing
and collection activities.
- Responsible for efficient utilization of medication,
laboratory, inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply
cost goals following all guidelines established in FMS
- Participates in the completion and interpretation of the Pl-17
inventory supply use analysis.
- Reviews and approves facility payroll.
- Reviews profit and loss statements with Director
- Responsible for participating in all required Network reporting
and on-site state or federal surveys.
- Participates in the completion of the FMS Administrative
Clinical Review. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. . click apply for full job
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Kokomo , Clinical Manager (Outpatient Dialysis - RN), Executive , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...