Linux Engineering Lead - Remote!
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Type of Requisition: RegularClearance Level Must Be Able to
Obtain: NonePublic Trust/Other Required: NACI (T1)Job Family:
Systems EngineeringAt GDIT our work depends on a Linux Team
Lead/SME joining our team to support Centers for Medicare and
Medicaid Services (CMS).As a Linux Team Lead/SME, you will be
analyzing, configuring, installing, upgrading, monitoring,
maintaining, troubleshooting, patching, compiling, securing, and
repairing of Linux servers in a heterogeneous environment. The
Linux Team Lead will also be responsible for all Operations for the
team. The right candidate will work and lead the Linux team,
exhibit excellent customer service skills at all times, act as the
central point of contact for all Linux related activities and seek
ways to improve the environment.The primary application that GDIT
supports on this program is the Healthcare Integrated General
Ledger Accounting System (HIGLAS), which is a very large complex
system with approximately 3,000 total users, processing an average
of 4.5 million transactional claim records per day which equates to
over 1.2 billion annually. There are an average of 46,000 new
account receivables and 168,000 payments processed per day along
with 20,000 queries/reports run daily. Utilizing Oracle Federal
Financials as the base application of HIGLAS, it provides CMS with
a uniform financial management system to account for over $1
Trillion in outlays for healthcare each year across multiple lines
of business.In this role, a typical day will include :
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in the areas of
system design, installation, configuration, tuning, capacity
planning, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Lead, provide technical guidance and maintain operations
- Participate as necessary in the validation matrix role to
independently test and validate solutions to ensure fulfillment of
all business requirements, compliance of regulations and quality of
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system
documentation, tunes system performance, and installs system-wide
- Install new software, troubleshoot, grant permissions to
applications, and assist in training lesser experienced users.
- Perform system updates, make recommendations on server
configurations, and implement changes in multiple environments from
test or development to production.
- Monitor infrastructure, systems operations, and critical
application services 24/7; provide information and statistics
relevant to system limits on capacity, data storage, system
utilization, etc.; respond to critical outages and restore services
within agreed upon service levels.
- Experience developing and interpreting detailed installation
instructions and supporting documentation to effect system design
- Interact with the Program Leadership, customer, and site staff
occasionally attending scheduled customer meetings to keep the
customer informed of activities and progress, answer customer
inquiries concerning all aspects of the various the program.
- Experience with Red Hat RHEL 6/7 and Oracle Linux 6/7
- Experience with Oracle Exadata (X6,X7,X8) and Exalytics
- Advanced knowledge in Exadata QPD patching as well as applying
patches to Exalytics servers
- Maintain and Support Virtualization technology using VMware and
Red hat Virtualizations.
- Experience with maintaining/overseeing Oracle Exadata Database
- Experience with managing multiple Oracle Exadata Database
- Experience with performing firmware upgrades, managing
Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM), Cisco patching, infiniband
patching, and network tuning
- Experience with coordinating replacement of failed components
- Experience with coordination/documentation of all
installs/configurations/patches including application schema
- Monitoring Cell desk, grid disk, Cell Flash cache, Flash
- Maintain storage availability during patching and other
- CellCLI, ExaCLI, dcli commands execution & administration
- Configuration and administration of ASM Disk Groups, rebalance
operation by using Exadata Storage Server
- Monitoring and administration of Operating system and its
components (Disks, mount points, Packages, Users etc.)
- Connect to Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM), verify current
system state, identify hardware issue or restart system, and review
logs for root cause analysis.
- Implement proper system patching to address security
vulnerabilities and accurately report security incidents
- Demonstrate success in automating server builds, standardizing
images, and managing Linux systems via central management tools
such as Satellite, Spacewalk, or Puppet, etc.
- As part of a 24/7 Service Desk, perform the activities
associated with the management of dedicated ticket queues to
include prioritization of work and assignment to technical
resources for resolution of end user concerns while ensuring
service levels and objectives are met.
- Monitor dedicated queues and assign tickets to appropriate
resources for troubleshooting and ticket resolution.
- Work with hosting manager to escalate or reassign tickets as
needed; ensuring proper assignment of tickets as well as
facilitation of resource allocation based on work loadREQUIRED
- BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical discipline or
the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications
or training, or work experience.
- 15+ Years in Linux Engineering
- 10+ Years of Management Experience
- 10+ Years of Operations Management Experience
- Service Now experience a must
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
clearance and must have lived in the United States at least three
(3) out of the last five (5) years.
- Only US Citizenship and Green Card holder can be considered for
this position, and meet residency requirements of having lived in
the United States for three of the past five years.PREFERRED
- Knowledge of ITIL Processes
- Previous Management Experience
- Red Hat and Oracle Linux Experience
- Oracle ExaData
Experience#GDITFedHealthJobs#GDITPriorityCOVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT
does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To
protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with
customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in
certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal
contractor mandate and customer site requirements.We are GDIT. The
people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the
expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We
transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and
innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow
is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the
lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology
transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the
job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Kokomo , Linux Engineering Lead - Remote!, Engineering , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!