Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, Electrification
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Lead Power Electronics Mechanical Engineer
Indiana Technical Center with Locations in Noblesville & Kokomo,
BorgWarner is a global product leader in delivering innovative and
sustainable mobility solutions for the vehicle market. We are a
company of innovators and independent thinkers that brings together
talented employees, meaningful work and amazing technology in a
unique environment. At BorgWarner we constantly work towards our
vision of a clean and energy-efficient world.
We believe health and safety of our employees are a top priority,
we care about our local communities and the global environment.
BorgWarner promotes and nurtures a diverse and inclusive
environment, honors integrity, strives for excellence, commits to
responsibility for our communities and the environment, and builds
on the power of collaboration.
We manage talent as seriously as we manage our businesses and
encourage you to learn about our proud history, strong culture,
technologies and future vision. We offer a strong local presence
and interesting global opportunities. Start your future with
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for "dynamic,
results driven" individual to join as a Lead Power Electronics
Mechanical Engineer. The Lead Power Electronics Mechanical Engineer
will support the mechanical design of Hybrid/Electric Inverter and
Converter Systems for various global automotive customers. Will
train and mentor others within the group.
- Lead mechanical design of Hybrid/Electric Inverter and
- Mentor new engineers within the team, provide technical
guidance to team members as necessary
- Design mechanical components in compliance with the BorgWarner
Bill of Design
- Design product and components to meet customer
- Perform mechanical analysis and verification
- Thermal Management
- Vibration Capability
- Thermal Shock
- Tolerance Stack
- Document design as needed and required
- Develop and interface with supply base in support of program
needs and purchasing initiatives
- Interface with customer as needed
- Provide written and oral presentations as needed
- Follow a structured problem-solving approach to resolve
What we're looking for
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering (or related)
- 8 years - Mechanical hardware design experience
- Automotive electronics experience
- Experience with automotive environmental and durability
- Experience with NX or similar CAD applications
- Experience with mechanical analysis tools
- Subject matter expert with the ability to coach, mentor and
What we offer
- Medical and prescription drug insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company paid Holidays
- Company Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance
- Onsite Noblesville Wellness Center with Nurse Practitioner
What we believe
- Inclusion - We value diversity in people, ideas, and
- Integrity - We believe in transparency, authenticity, and
depend on each other to deliver what we promise.
- Excellence - We contribute to our developments by seeking
knowledge and sharing information.
- Responsibility - We care about our local communities and the
- Collaboration - We are one BorgWarner
Join the company that is creating solutions that support a cleaner,
more energy-efficient world
For more information about BorgWarner, please visit
This position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program,
including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the
BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual. This individual will work in a
manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and
illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the
given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers.
In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries
and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to
their immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only: Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Kokomo , Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, Electrification, Engineering , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!