Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: Borgwarner Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Position Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location Indiana Technical Center with Locations in Noblesville &
BorgWarner is a global product leader in delivering innovative and
sustainable mobility solutions for the vehicle market. We are a
company of innovators and independent thinkers that brings together
talented employees, meaningful work and amazing technology in a
unique environment. At BorgWarner we constantly work towards our
vision of a clean and energy-efficient world.
We believe health and safety of our employees are a top priority,
we care about our local communities and the global environment.
BorgWarner promotes and nurtures a diverse and inclusive
environment, honors integrity, strives for excellence, commits to
responsibility for our communities and the environment, and builds
on the power of collaboration.
We manage talent as seriously as we manage our businesses and
encourage you to learn about our proud history, strong culture,
technologies and future vision. We offer a strong local presence
and interesting global opportunities. Start your future with
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for dynamic,
results driven individual to join as a Senior Mechanical Design
Engineer. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will develop
mechanical solutions for manufacturing test equipment.
- Interact with internal customers and other TECD disciplines to
develop test equipment conceptual designs
- Assist test equipment project managers with quote
- Develop detailed test equipment mechanical designs compliant
with project requirements and applicable safety standards
- Create test equipment assembly drawings, detail component
drawings, and bills of material
- Support build shops during their quoting and build phases
- Assist with debug/checkout and machine qualification of test
equipment at local build shops (within -60 mile radius from
- Assist internal customers with mechanical issues that arise
What Were Looking For
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Technology, or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years mechanical design experience
- Experience in automotive electronics manufacturing equipment is
- Experience using Solidworks to create part models, assemblies,
and drawings is required
- Experience using AutoCAD is preferred
- Good problem-solving skills
- Works well in group settings
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
What We Offer
- Medical and prescription drug insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company paid Holidays
- Company Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance
- Onsite Noblesville Wellness Center with Nurse Practitioner
What We Believe
- Inclusion - We value diversity in people, ideas, and
- Integrity - We believe in transparency, authenticity, and
depend on each other to deliver what we promise.
- Excellence - We contribute to our developments by seeking
knowledge and sharing information.
- Responsibility - We care about our local communities and the
- Collaboration - We are one BorgWarner.
Join the company that is creating solutions that support a cleaner,
more energy-efficient world
For more information about BorgWarner, please visit
This position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program,
including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the
BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual. This individual will work in a
manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and
illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the
given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers.
In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries
and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to
their immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Job Type Regular
Keywords: Borgwarner Inc., Kokomo , Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, Engineering , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!