Test Development Engineer
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Senior Test Development Engineer
Location Indiana Technical Center with Locations in Noblesville &
BorgWarner is a global product leader in delivering innovative and
sustainable mobility solutions for the vehicle market. We are a
company of innovators and independent thinkers that brings together
talented employees, meaningful work and amazing technology in a
unique environment. At BorgWarner we constantly work towards our
vision of a clean and energy-efficient world.
We believe health and safety of our employees are a top priority,
we care about our local communities and the global environment.
BorgWarner promotes and nurtures a diverse and inclusive
environment, honors integrity, strives for excellence, commits to
responsibility for our communities and the environment, and builds
on the power of collaboration.
We manage talent as seriously as we manage our businesses and
encourage you to learn about our proud history, strong culture,
technologies and future vision. We offer a strong local presence
and interesting global opportunities. Start your future with
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for "dynamic,
results driven" individual to join as a Senior Test Development
Engineer. The Senior Test Development Engineer will develop and
install in manufacturing plants an automated test solution for
manufacturing engine and/or battery management controllers.
- Work with a BorgWarner standard PXI system built on TestStand,
LabView, and LabWindows CVI
- Use TestStand and Switch Executive to build an automated
- Create test mechanization
- Write SOW to purchase fixtures, load box, and testers
- Collaborate with systems and electrical design engineers to
define test requirements, product test software, and test
- Debug test software and hardware systems
- Implement Six Sigma test limits
- Conduct peer reviews of test plan
- Install test setup in manufacturing plant on time
- Complete test requirements documentation
- Work with team to review and add tests for functional
What We're Looking For
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Technology, or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years' experience writing functional test
software; however, preference will be given to those with 5+
- Experience using statistics to set test limits
- Familiar with the use of TestStand to create functional test
- Experience with Switch Executive a plus
- Experience reading electrical schematics required
- Experience debugging functional test equipment required
- Good problem-solving skills
- Works well in group settings
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Must be willing to travel internationally
What We Offer
- Medical and prescription drug insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company paid Holidays
- Company Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance
- Onsite Noblesville Wellness Center with Nurse Practitioner
What We Believe
- Inclusion - We value diversity in people, ideas, and
- Integrity - We believe in transparency, authenticity, and
depend on each other to deliver what we promise.
- Excellence - We contribute to our developments by seeking
knowledge and sharing information.
- Responsibility - We care about our local communities and the
- Collaboration - We are one BorgWarner.
Join the company that is creating solutions that support a cleaner,
more energy-efficient world
For more information about BorgWarner, please visit
This position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program,
including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the
BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual. This individual will work in a
manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and
illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the
given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers.
In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries
and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to
their immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Job Type Regular
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Kokomo , Test Development Engineer, Engineering , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!