Global Manufacturing Engineer
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Manufacturing Process Engineer - GME Product
Location Indiana Technical Center with Locations in Noblesville &
BorgWarner is a global product leader in delivering innovative and
sustainable mobility solutions for the vehicle market. We are a
company of innovators and independent thinkers that brings together
talented employees, meaningful work and amazing technology in a
unique environment. At BorgWarner we constantly work towards our
vision of a clean and energy-efficient world.
We believe health and safety of our employees are a top priority,
we care about our local communities and the global environment.
BorgWarner promotes and nurtures a diverse and inclusive
environment, honors integrity, strives for excellence, commits to
responsibility for our communities and the environment, and builds
on the power of collaboration.
We manage talent as seriously as we manage our businesses and
encourage you to learn about our proud history, strong culture,
technologies and future vision. We offer a strong local presence
and interesting global opportunities. Start your future with
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for "dynamic,
results driven" individual to join as a Manufacturing Process
Engineer - GME Product Development. The Manufacturing Process
Engineer - GME Product Development is responsible for developing
new Manufacturing systems in the Product Development process for
Automotive Electrification Products.
- Global manufacturing engineering process leader for product
development program teams responsible for pre-serial production
program launch of new electrification product designs
- Owner of manufacturing system design for product, process and
equipment throughout pre-production product design cycle
- Design, specify and release robust and manufacturable
electrification product assembly, sub-assembly, printed circuit
board assembly and component designs using established design
standards - and, as necessary, create new manufacturing design
- Specify, design, source, procure, and qualify new assembly
equipment, tooling and manufacturing facilities, and/or repurpose
existing equipment and facilities, for new program launch or
significant volume increase projects for global operations
- Create, specify, approve and/or release engineering
documentation, including component/assembly prints and drawing,
printed circuit board design requirements, process specification,
peer reviews, equipment SOW, purchase requisitions, and equipment
- Conduct pre-production prototype and validation builds in
engineering proto lab operations
- Work with global manufacturing plant operations staff, new
program launch leaders and manufacturing engineering, and other
competencies in a collaborative environment to insure successful
product launch into serial production operations
- Support new business pursuit Start Center activities by
providing guidance for product design BOM and assembly sequence
concepts, by providing manufacturing conversion estimate, and by
providing equipment cost and utilization estimates.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Manufacturing, ME, MET or
- Minimum 5+ years Engineering experience made up of multi-year
experience with industrial controls and automation design,
preferably dealing with robotics and vision equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively
communicate with all levels of the Organization
- Ability to read, and preferably create, comprehensive
electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics using specified
software (ex. AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
- Manufacturing Engineering Production Support experience.
- Proficient software development skills in one or more software
languages MS Visual Basic, C++, Epson SPEL+, any vision programming
- Analytical, technical, and statistical skills
- Experience working with international Mfg. sites, suppliers,
- Some international travel required.
What We Offer
- Medical and prescription drug insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company paid Holidays
- Company Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance
- Onsite Noblesville Wellness Center with Nurse Practitioner
What We Believe
- Inclusion - We value diversity in people, ideas, and
- Integrity - We believe in transparency, authenticity, and
depend on each other to deliver what we promise.
- Excellence - We contribute to our developments by seeking
knowledge and sharing information.
- Responsibility - We care about our local communities and the
- Collaboration - We are one BorgWarner.
Join the company that is creating solutions that support a cleaner,
more energy-efficient world
For more information about BorgWarner, please visit
This position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program,
including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the
BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual. This individual will work in a
manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and
illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the
given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers.
In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries
and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to
their immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Job Type Regular
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Kokomo , Global Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!