Lead Reliability Engineer
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Reliably Delivering What's Needed Today
There are few challenges as important today as creating solutions
that support a cleaner, more energy-efficient world. This requires
a commitment to constantly improve the transportation of people and
things. We, at BorgWarner, made that commitment decades ago and
have since been creating technologies to improve efficiency,
emissions and performance in all types of vehicles.
Constantly Pursuing What's Next
Our proven track record has made us industry leader in clean,
energy-efficient propulsion system solutions for combustion, hybrid
and electric vehicles. We uncover strong trends and use smart
science and technology to address a future based on varying
regulations, consumer demands and automaker requirements.
Product leadership that's changing the world
Our employees have earned trusted partnerships with customers and
suppliers around the world. We leverage these relationships to gain
a deeper understanding of the challenges at hand and then do what
it takes to develop the next solution. Our strong operations and
commercialization expertise result in high volume availability of
competitive, efficient products that truly drive change.
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for "dynamic,
results driven" individual to join as a Reliability Engineer at our
Indiana Technical Center (ITC) with locations in Noblesville and
The Reliability Engineer will lead design, simulation & analysis
for reliability for Electronics and Power Electronics including,
iDMs, Electronics, Power Electronics, Rotating Electric Machines
and Driveline for electrified powertrains.
- Integrate engineering enterprise and project teams to support
the design and development from a durability and reliability
- Inverter power propulsion systems and eMotors
- DCDC Converter Power Stages
- Charger Power Stages
- Battery Management
- Semiconductor power switches and cooling
- Advanced Development
- Support Advanced designs to improve reliability in advanced
technologies and products
- Lead reliability analysis, simulations and prediction for new
technologies and products. Support calibration of simulations
through experimentation (DOE and Optimize).
- Business pursuit
- Support business pursuit, including reliability, warranty and
- Lead reliability analysis, simulations and prediction for
- Support designs for current production programs
- Support system and component-serviceability decisions
- Connecting the reliability and durability requirements with the
verification/validation plan and results
- Support questions on reliability or warranty on current/awarded
business to bring knowledge back the advanced and business pursuit
teams on lessons learned and best practices.
- Support warranty and problem analysis Identification of failure
modes, assignable causes, root causes for returned and successful
- Support the construction of a warranty data system
- Train & Mentor less experienced engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in Reliability required preferred, Industrial
Engineering and Operations Research Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering Physics
or other degrees will be considered (Advanced degree Masters or PhD
- 10+ years engineering experience in related field
- Subject Matter Expert in field of electrified powertrain
- Background or familiarity with electronics (Automotive
- Experience with electronics lab equipment and testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in
- Ability to perform worst case analysis and simulations
- Knowledge of Validation, durability and reliability testing
- Experience in robust engineering and process improvement,
Shanin, Six Sigma, Taguchi, WCA, and DFM/DFMEA
- Drive for Results
- Decision Quality
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
This position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program,
including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the
BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual. This individual will work in a
manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and
illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the
given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers.
In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries
and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to
their immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only Salary
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Job Type Regular
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Kokomo , Lead Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!