Manufacturing Test Development Engineer
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: February 15, 2021
BorgWarner is a global product leader in powertrain solutions.
We focus on developing leading powertrain Technologies that improve
fuel economy, emissions and performance of propulsion systems:
Combustion, Hybrid, and ElectricBorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is
currently looking for a "dynamic, results driven" individual to
join as an Manufacturing Test Engineer.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Develop Manufacturing Test Solutions for Automotive
Electrification ProductsJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop test software, hardware, and application specific
tooling for Automotive Electrification Products.
- Provide new equipment and improvement project management, which
includes managing suppliers, internal and external project
timelines, open issue lists, shipment and installation, and
run-off/acceptance, and providing professional updates to the team
on the progress of projects.
- Develop and implement sufficient test coverage throughout the
- Be the technical expert on the operation and design of test
equipment, author instructions for test equipment, and provide
support and training to the team
- Be the technical liaison to others to provide requested
technical information about test equipment.
- Work with other engineering competencies to ensure designs are
optimized and producible at market leading reliability and
- Ensure each product is testable and can also achieve first-time
quality and cycle time targets.
- Provide cost estimates for new projects.
- Support Manufacturing Operations when required.
- Globally source equipment.
- Work with purchasing to develop RFQs and identify equipment
providers for the new equipment and improvements.
- Provide technical expertise during new equipment and
improvement quote evaluation and supplier selection.
- Develop Appropriation Requests to justify and receive approval
to procure new equipment and improvements.EDUCATION and
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering: Manufacturing, Industrial,
Mechatronics, and/or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years Test Engineering experience made up of
multi-year experience with industrial controls and automation
design, preferably dealing with test equipment
- 2 or more years' experience developing functional tests
specifically for automotive Products.
- Ability to read, and preferably create, comprehensive
electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics using specified
software (ex. AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
- Manufacturing Engineering Production Support experience
- Proficient software development skills in one or more test
software languages: National Instruments LabView, NI LabWindows
CVI, NI TestStand, C++, C
- Electrical schematics creation experience and
- Experience working with automotive communication protocols such
as CAN and Flex-Ray
- Experience using National Instruments hardware - CompactDaq,
- Experience in Test Systems Integration
- Experience working with international Mfg. sites & suppliers in
Asia, the EU, & the Americas
- Experience developing programming routines for micro-controller
onboard FLASH memoryBorgWarner Competencies:
- Learning on the Fly
- Action Oriented
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Decision QualityEEO StatementBorgWarner is an equal employment
opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.SafetyThis
position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program, including
safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner
Safety Policy Manual. This individual will work in a manner that
stresses the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses.
He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given
circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In
addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or
possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to their
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Kokomo , Manufacturing Test Development Engineer, Engineering , Kokomo, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!